A dynamic, Modern Orthodox community
in the heart of Chicago.
As a Modern Orthodox synagogue, Anshe Sholom transforms traditional halachic observance into meaningful Judaism for today's world.
Located in Chicago's Lakeview neighborhood within the boundaries of the Jack Strulowitz Memorial Lakefront Eruv, Anshe Sholom is a growing, vibrant congregation that emphasizes openness and community.
We invite you to join us in a warm, progressive Orthodox environment that welcomes members of varied backgrounds and all levels of religious observance.
Anshe Sholom B'nai Israel offers members many opportunities to engage in meaningful Jewish ritual, study, celebration, and spiritual practice through:
- Daily Morning and Evening Services
- Home Hospitality for Shabbat and Holidays
- Adult and Children's Education
- Rabbi's classes and a Beit Midrash from basic to advanced
- Children's and Family Programming
- Scholar-in-Residence Programs
- Weekly Children's Shabbat Services
- Social Action Involvement
- Women's Programming
- Social Events and Gatherings
Located steps away from the lakefront, a few blocks from Wrigley Field, and only four miles from the Loop, Anshe Sholom is a vital part of the city's dynamic Lakeview neighborhood.
As a friendly, caring, and accepting community, Anshe Sholom provides a religious and spiritual home for everyone. Seniors, empty-nesters, young families, singles, and students are all welcome as important participants in the Anshe Sholom family.